I eat out in Sydney quite regularly and being a lover of authentic Asian food I thought I’d share my favourite little dishes from my top foodie places…
1. Mamak Restaurant – 15 Goulburn St, Haymarket
Malaysian cuisine in the heart of China Town with a busy atmosphere, mouth-watering food and very well priced.
- Roti Canal
- Karl Ayam – Classic chicken curry cooked with freshly ground spices and chunky potatoes
- Mee Goreng – Spicy wok hokkien noodles with egg, prawns, fish cake slices and fresh bean sprouts
2. Mr T – 3/5 Potter St, Waterloo
My little Vietnamese local with friendly service, fresh and authentic food and very reasonably priced.
- Bun Boxao – lemongrass beef with vermicelli noodles
- Banhxeo – crispy pancake with pork, prawn, mung bean and bean spouts
3. Mizuya Restaurant – Basement 614 George St, Sydney
My favourite spot to dine with friends in the city with delicious and contemporary Japanese food, karaoke as entertainment, and the perfect size portions for what you pay.
- Pan Fried Pork Gyoza
- Crunchy Spider Roll
- Wagyu Beef Garlic Fried Rice
Happy eating, love Jem x